NDMA Continue Efforts in Response to PIA Aircrash at District Abbottabad
Islamabad: 8 December 2016
In continuation with yesterday’s efforts for recovery of the dead bodies of unfortunate victims of PIA aircrash, the search operation has been concluded. All 47 dead bodies have been retrieved from the wreckage of plane.
In recovery mission salients of NDMA efforts are
- NDMA made 3 helicopters (requisitioned from Ministry of Interior) available for transportation of the dead bodies to Islamabad PIMS hospital from where the dead bodies will be handed over to bereaved families after verification/identification formalities.
- The authorities of PIMS hospital have been informed to arrange space in Morgue, facilitation desk at PIMS have been established with provision of lunger by Baitul Mal for the grieved families.
- Further a state of emergency has been imposed in PIMS Islamabad hospitals.
- NDMA Teams under the supervision of Member Operations, Brig Mukhtar were detailed at PIMS Hospital Islamabad and Islamabad Heliport to coordinate and facilitate transportation of dead bodies.
- 30 Ambulances were arranged at Helipad.
- Civil police and traffic police were mobilized to cordon off the area to ensure smooth movement.
- The dead bodies recovered from the crash site have been shifted to PIMS hospital Islamabad.
- NDMA has also requested PDMA Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Deputy Commissioner Abbotabad to make necessary arrangements for safe custody of baggage/belongings (found from the incident site) of deceased to their bereaved families in coordination with Civil Aviation Authorities.
NDMA is in constant coordination with all relevant stakeholders to ensure timely assistance.